Basic Email Configuration
The basics about email configuration:
- IMAP, POP3, SMTP Server - mail.[yourdomain.tld]
- port 993 IMAP - Incoming secure/encrypted with SSL/TLS and authentication
- port 995 POP3 - Incoming secure/encrypted with SSL/TLS and authentication
- port 465 SMTP - Outgoing secure/encrypted with SSL/TLS and SMTP Authentication
- Turn off Password Encryption
- IMAP, POP3, and SMTP require authentication.
cPanel->Email->Email Accounts->[Your Mailbox]->CONNECT DEVICES
This decade old email client might need a little tweaking to get it to work properly with our new servers.
Please go to the advanced tab in your email client Outlook 2007.
- Incoming Server (POP3): User port is 995 for POP3, select This server requires an encrypted connection.
- Outgoing Server (SMTP): User port is 587 for SMTP, go to This server requires an encrypted connection and Select TLS as connection type in the box to the right.
- Remember to use you own domain name in the POP3/IMAP and SMTP Server section as mail.yourdomain.com replacing yourdomain.com with your real domain name.
Some have been using the old server name as their connection to webmail. You can now use your own domain name to access SSL secured webmail at https://yourdomain.com:2096 replacing yourdomain.com with your real domain name.