Basic Email Configuration
The Basics of Email Configuration:
- Incoming (IMAP/POP3) and Outgoing (SMTP) Server: Use mail.yourdomain.tld, replacing "[yourdomain.tld]" with your actual domain name.
- IMAP: Use port 993 for secure/encrypted IMAP with SSL/TLS and authentication.
- POP3: Use port 995 for secure/encrypted POP3 with SSL/TLS and authentication.
- SMTP: Use port 465 for secure/encrypted SMTP with SSL/TLS and SMTP Authentication.
- Authentication: Ensure that IMAP, POP3, and SMTP require authentication.
For more detailed information, log into cPanel and navigate to:
cPanel → Email → Email Accounts → [Your Mailbox] → CONNECT DEVICES
This older email client may need some configuration adjustments to work with our new servers. Follow these steps:
- Incoming Server (POP3): Use port 995 for POP3 and select "This server requires an encrypted connection."
- Outgoing Server (SMTP): Use port 587 for SMTP and select "This server requires an encrypted connection." Choose "TLS" as the connection type.
- Remember to use your own domain name in the POP3/IMAP and SMTP Server sections as mail.yourdomain.com, replacing "yourdomain.com" with your actual domain name.
Some users may have been using the old server name to access webmail. You can now use your own domain name to access SSL-secured webmail at https://yourdomain.com:2096, replacing "yourdomain.com" with your real domain name.
Thank you for choosing Buzix!