Our abuse policy includes excerpts from our Terms of Service . Please read our policy documents for more complete information.
Buzix, Inc. has the right to discontinue service, or deny access to anyone for any reason, at our discretion. No refunds will be paid if an account suspension or termination is due to violation of any of our terms or policies.
Harassment, whether through language, frequency of messages, or size of messages, is prohibited. Sending a single unwelcome message may be considered harassment. If a recipient asks to stop receiving e-mail, you must not send that person any further messages.
Any attempt to undermine or cause harm to a server, or customer, of Buzix, Inc. is strictly prohibited. Any unauthorized use of accounts or computers by a Buzix, Inc. customer, whether or not the attacked account or computer belongs to Buzix, Inc., will result in action against the attacker. Possible actions include warnings, account suspension or cancellation, and civil or criminal legal action, depending on the seriousness of the attack.
A hosting account which meets any of the following conditions may be terminated upon discovery and without immediate notification to the account holder:
- Provides material that is grossly offensive to the Web community including blatant expressions of bigotry, racism or hatred.
- Promotes or provides instructional information about illegal activities, or promoting physical harm or injury against any group or individual.
- Displays material that exploits children less than 18 years of age.
- Offers pirated computer programs or links to such programs, information used to circumvent manufacturer-installed copy-protect devices, including serial or registration numbers for software programs, or any type of cracker utilities.
- Provides distribution for encryption software over the Internet or otherwise, to points outside the United States.
- Distributes information regarding the creation of and sending Internet viruses, worms, Trojan horses, pinging, flooding, mail bombing, or denial of service attacks.
- Disrupts the use of, or interferes with, the ability of others to effectively use the network or any connected network, system, service, or equipment.
- Sets up a catchall email account on your domain(s). Only list aliases and POP accounts that you actually use.
- Sets up email forwarders that go outside of the server.
- Advertises or otherwise makes available any software, program, product, or service that is designed to violate our policies, which includes the facilitation of the means to spam, initiation of pinging, flooding, mail bombing, denial of service attacks, and piracy of software.
- Engages in activities that are determined to be illegal, including advertising, ponzi schemes, pyramid schemes, identity theft, credit card fraud, and software pirating.
Server Resource Abuse
Shared server resource abuse includes any process or service usage that affects normal shared server operation, resources or connectivity which causes a server to become overloaded. Shared server resources include CPU and memory usage, number of concurrent processes, number of concurrent port or database connections and total bandwidth. Possible causes of server resource abuse include, but are not limited to, the use of: CGI, Perl, Sendmail, mySQL, MSSQL, PHP, ASP, COLD FUSION, HTTP, SMTP, POP3 and FTP. If server resource abuse is detected, Buzix may, without notification to the customer, disable the offending resource, disable or cancel the entire account. If server downtime is caused by your resource abuse, your account may be terminated.